Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Post Critique

After my critique of my final project, I feel really good about my paintings. I think everyone liked them, and they really illustrated my point well. I was nervous at first, so I brought my paintings into another class the day before for a practice critique. The students had no idea what the basis of the project was, or the assignment, so I asked them "If you had to guess, what do you think the point of these paintings are?" The responses I got were perfect. All of them hit on something along the lines of destruction of the environment and the world. This boosted my confidence a lot for the real critique and just my thoughts in general about the piece. I think I had been staring at it for so long, that the chipping paint all started to look the same, and I was afraid that it would become boring. In the end, I think it was all in my head, and I'm really happy with the result.

No comments: