Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nail Polish

A friend of mine pointed out to me today the random names the nail polish company "OPI" comes up with. Just browsing through them, I was immediately intrigued to see what color went with a few of these names. Some of them are self explanatory, such as "St. Petersburgundy," "Alpine Snow," or "Holy Pink Pagoda!" But in general, I have absolutely no clue what colors come with most of the names. A few examples are "Hoodoo voodoo?" "Suzi Says Da!" "Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ," "Don't Socra-tease Me," and "My Chihuaua Bites!". So, I decided to conduct a little experiment. I asked Nic and Niya to guess what color they would expect the nail polish to be, just hearing the name, to see if they were close.

"Hoodoo Voodoo?"
Nic: earthy browns
Niya: off white
Sarah: dark orange
Actual: hot pink


"My Chiuahua Bites!"
Nic: Yellow
Niya: Green
Sarah: Red
Actual: Bright Red


"Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ"
Nic: Red
Niya: Brown
Sarah: Dark Red/Brown
Actual: Pinkish/Burgundy


"Suzi Says Da!"
Nic: light pink
Niya: yellow
Sarah: hot pink
Actual: dark brownish red


"Don't Socra-tease Me!"
Nic: Green
Niya: Light blue
Sarah: Dark Red
Actual: Bright red


"Boris & Natasha"
Nic: gold
Niya: dark green
Sarah: dark red
Actual: rose/burgundy


"Skinny Dip'n Lake Michg'n"
Nic: dark blue
Niya: dark blue
Sarah: dark blue
Actual: flesh tone

No comments: